Play & Have Fun & Set Your Highscore (& Win Ethers – if you’re good enough)
Etherplay is a game platform, that aims at providing fun games for players all over the world. Etherplay runs on the Ethereum blockchain, which allows the Etherplay’s team to build a transparent and verifiable gaming platform. This transparency and verifiability of the games are important as there will be a jackpot, which will reward the list of players who have made it to the “highscore” list at the end of each competition period.
Competitions are organised and will run for a limited time (e.g. 1 week). Each play session of the game(s) require a small fee (in Ether) and 75% of all of the collected fees are pooled together to form a jackpot. At the end of the competitition, the jackpot will be shared among the list of “high-scorers”. The remaining amount (25%) will be made available to the developers in order to allow them to improve and make new games.
Currently, there is only 1 game – “Etherspace” on the platform, but the creators stated that they are actively working on their next game.
Verifiability of Games
Ethereum allows Etherplay platform to be transparent and verifiable. Every transactions is verifiable and traceable on the Ethereum network. Since our system records all the data, it is possible to verify if the correct players got the reward.
When the player start the game, the time and the seed get recorded on the blockchain. Upon finishing with a highscore, the player submit the proof (consisting of player’s inputs) and create a transaction to Ethereum with the proof’s hash alongside the score and duration of the game. If the time taken to submit does not exceed the time taken to play the game, that transaction will be accepted and the proof hash alongside the score will be saved on the Ethereum blockchain.
At the end of the competition, Etherplay’s system will sort the player’s submission based on their score and verify them one by one. If the score or duration do not match the score is rejected and the next submission is considered. At the end of the process, the list of winners will be generated and will be rewarded with the jackpot.
Etherspace – Nostalgic space-shooting game
Etherspace gains inspiration from the classic arcade game – Asteroids. (See youtube embed) You are required to shoot or dodge asteroids/aliens and collect the juicy “diamonds” that they drop. The more diamonds you collect, the higher your score will be. Pit your skills against other players worldwide and be at the top of the leaderboard!
Video of Classic Arcade Game- Asteroids
How to start playing Etherspace (Note: Remember to switch away from the testnet)